Akvo Openaid makes it easy to gather and republish International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI) data in ways that are easy to read and exchange, so everyone can make the most of it. The system was created by Akvo’s development partner Zimmerman & Zimmerman and is designed to be easy for governments and large “multilateral” organisations (such as large UN agencies) to introduce quicklyMore..
- ICT projects around the world
- Media and free flow of information
- Civilian peace-building & conflict prevention in the Middle East
- The UNDP, UN-Habitat and UNOPS clusters
- FIND +75.000 GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Aid project in Afghanistan
- Wind power projects around the world
- US$50M for cultural heritage conservation in China
- Training of teachers
Openaid.nl – the website and the systems underneath it – was the first implementation of the Akvo Openaid platform. The Zimmerman and Zimmerman team has since worked with a Nairobi-based innovation unit inside UN-Habitat to build its new Open UN-Habitat site, which was launched in September in Naples. More..
Akvo creates open source web and mobile software, and builds networks of skilled partners that can change the way development aid is allocated and reported. This is important, because it improves the way projects are implemented in some of the poorest parts of the world, making them more effective, efficient, sustainable and visible. More..